Going Nuts trying to get check_by_ssh to work

Onotsky, Steve x55328 Steve.Onotsky at broadridge.com
Wed Jul 14 16:29:36 CEST 2010

Steve F.,

Try `touch .hushlogin` as the nagios user, in its homedir, on the target
host.  That *should* cause ssh to suppress any remote-side banner/motd
from being displayed in-session.

I learned that one a few years ago, when automating some business logic,
to reduce the amount of logging taking place.  It should suit your
purposes here (if it is, in fact, that extra line of text that's
throwing off the check).

Cheers