a way to monitor notebooks offline and to transfer the informations after some weeks

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Mon Jul 12 18:06:05 CEST 2010

prengel wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> my problem:
>
> I ve several notebooks without regular contact to my nagios-system. It
> could happen that they are 4 weeks "on the road".
> I m looking for a way to collect informations like CPU-Load,
> smartmon-informations and themperatures and to store them local on the
> notebook.
> If a connection is possible all dates should be transfered to the
> nagios-server.
> The problem:
> Most of the notebooks are windos-systems.
> Some are linux-systems.
>

> Any hints?

Hello    Ralf

I think that a nagios server is not the solution for the issue you are
having , yes you could write a local ( i.e notebook) script that when it
detect the office /any network it will submit the
data to the nagios server ( via a secure method) , however the nagios
server itself will report those units as down most of the time ,and I am
uncertain about backlog_record_injection to help with stats or
presentation on the nagios server , unless you just want to nagios
server to be a central point to store the files.

As for the linux/windows based , perl is a wonderful thing that runs on
both platforms .

Assaf

--
Never,Ever Cut A Deal With a Dragon