Nagios notifications

Martin Melin mmelin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 09:31:41 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Mathias Adler <mathias.adler at rebtel.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm looking for a way to use different notification groups at state WARNING
> and CRITICAL in Nagios.
>
> Basically I don't want wake people up in the middle of the night for a
> warning, but I do want that for a critical alarm
>
> I can't find a way of make different between crit and warn within a
> service?!

IMHO, the "correct" way is to use escalations with escalation_period
and escalation_options to specify different behavior during the night.
You can have two escalation chains, one that is in effect for
weeknights and weekends and one that is in effect during normal
business hours.

You can also specify that a certain contact should only be notified
for certain states, but then you'd have to have two contact
definitions. This would be a good idea if you have a dedicated "on
call" email and/or phone number.

Best regards
Martin Melin