sysv init script fails to reload.

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Tue Jul 6 23:58:43 CEST 2010

Sorry for a fairly lame question but I mostly deal with the monitoring
box when things go wrong or something new is needed.

This is:
    CentOS 5.5
    nagios 3.2.1-4.el5.rf

# service nagios reload
nagios (pid  24630) is running...
Reloading nagios:                                          [FAILED]

and ...

# service nagios restart
Stopping nagios:                                           [FAILED]
Starting nagios:

# service nagios status
nagios (pid  24630) is running..

This is an upgrade of Nagios from 3.0.6 done the beginning of June.
We're pretty sure other changes that required a reload have been since then.

Any clues?

Color me puzzled,
Rod