Nagios share directory doesn't exist

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Tue Jul 6 17:54:39 CEST 2010

On 6 July 2010 15:58, Honia A <honia2002 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I installed Nagios via yum using this instruction:
> http://docs.cslabs.clarkson.edu/wiki/Install_Nagios_on_CentOS_5
>
> And next I would like to install NagVis:
> http://www.nagvis.org/docs/1.2/installation_instructions
> But I can't seem to find Nagios share directory.
>
> I understand if I had build Nagios via the source, the share directory would
> have been in /usr/local/nagios/share but now that I have installed it via
> yum, where will the share directory be?
>
> Thanks,

Take a look in cgi.cfg in your Nagios config directory at the
"physical_html_path" directive.  That will show you where the
equivalent directory for your install is.

If you are contemplating installing a few third-party add-ons for
Nagios then I strongly recommend you start from a standard install
from sources.  It can be a right pain trying to work out how to
install stuff in a non-standard way otherwise.  I found this out
myself too from bitter experience!

hth,

Jim