Nagios hangs on startup

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Fri Jul 2 02:00:26 CEST 2010

I would guess this problem has more to do with the O/S than Nagios
itself.  Certainly, under Red Hat or Debian flavours of Linux, the
start/stop script is called "nagios" rather than "nagios.sh" and lives
under /etc/init.d .  It might be worth checking what the differences
are.

Having said that, if I recall I had to make some changes to the
standard init script to get it working nicely under Ubuntu.  It's one
of those areas where it would be really nice if all the distro people
could agree a standard and stick to it!