Confused by SW CPU load

Wang Binbin binbin.b.wang at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 29 15:50:32 CET 2010

Hi  Group

I encounter a problem of Switch CPU load, could anyone help me?  I use nagios to monitor SW port status through SNMP. When getting SNMP value from SW, the CPU load will surge to 96%, which case ping time out, then host alert will send out, the only method I can think of is to increase normal check interval and retry interval. As these interval increasing, frequency of notification decreases, but it still exists.
Has anyone encounter the same problem? Could we have other methods?  thanks in advance.

Wang Binbin