Service Escalation

Martin Melin martinm at op5.org
Fri Jan 29 12:33:24 CET 2010

You want to have two escalations, one for the email and one for the SMS.
They have first_notification,last_notification set to 1,1 and 2,2
respectively.

Then set the contact for your service to be some contact that has
notification_period set to none.

This will mean that the ordinary contact for the service will never be
notified (because the timeperiod never matches) but your escalations will
kick in and send out 1 email and 1 SMS per problem.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Howard Allison <
howard.allison at pva.sozvers.at> wrote:

> Hi group, I want to do something fairly simple, but I can't seem to make it
> happen...
> When a service goes into critical status, I want to send one, and only one
> e-mail notification.If the service is still down after say 15 minutes, I
> want to send one, and only one SMS. Is this possible? Unless I'm missing
> something it seems that I will have to set the service notification interval
> to something other than 0 to allow escalations... and that would mean lots
> of notifications..
> Thanks in advance,
> Howard
>

> --------------------------
> VERTRAULICHKEIT: Diese Nachricht ist ausschließlich für denjenigen
> bestimmt, an
> den sie adressiert ist und kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Falls
> Sie nicht
> der Empfänger dieser Nachricht sind, weisen wir Sie darauf hin, dass die
> unberechtigte Weitergabe oder Verwendung sowie das unberechtigte Verteilen
> oder
> Kopieren dieser Nachricht strikt untersagt sind. Falls Sie diese Nachricht
> irrtümlich
> erhalten haben, vernichten Sie sie bitte sofort.
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY: This message is intended only for the use of the
> individuality or
> privileged,
> confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended
> recipient you are
> notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this
> communication is
> strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please
> immediately destroy
> this message.

> reporting any issue.

Martin Melin