hosts showing up as down even though they are not being monitored

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Jan 28 01:58:38 CET 2010

Hi there --

I went through the steps you mentioned in your e-mail, and the problem continues
to persist.

The preflight check did mention the clients in question did not have any
services associated
with them. Aside from those warnings, the Nagios application did not have any
complaints or
problems starting up.

________________________________

From: Gary Every [mailto:gevery at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 6:52 PM
To: Kaplan, Andrew H.
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] hosts showing up as down even though they are not
being monitored

You still need to restart nagios.
I'm assuming you're running it on *nix of some kind. These are linux commands
below:

Check your config first tho via:
/path/to/nagios/bindir/nagios -v /path/to/nagios.cfg

If that checks out without errors, then restart nagios

/path/to/nagios/[STARTUPSCRIPT|nagios] restart

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Kaplan, Andrew H. <AHKAPLAN at partners.org>