Checking Asterisk Call Availability

Martin Melin martinm at op5.org
Mon Jan 25 16:54:28 CET 2010

I don't know of a plugin that does this specifically, and couldn't find it
with a quick search. However it should be simple to do if you use Asterisk
call files, where you simply put a file into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
and then watch if that file ends up in /failed or /completed (I'm not sure
if the directories are named exactly that).

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Wolfe, Robert <robert.wolfe at robertwolfe.org
> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Was just wondering if there was a plugin for Nagios (latest version) that
> works with Asterisk to make an outbound call in Asterisk ad return a value
> back to Nagios to see if the call was placed successfully or not?

> world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for
> Conference
> attendees to learn about information security's most important issues
> through
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
> reporting any issue.

Martin Melin