How to run a perl script instead of sending emails?

Mr Gabriel gabriel at impactteachers.com
Sun Jan 24 23:48:36 CET 2010

Dear All,

I have a perl script that connects to my asterisk instance, and calls
who ever is on shift to log in, and take care of whatever broke. I would
like to initiate this script whenever there is a critical alert that has
gone off more than once - how can I best achieve this?

I would like these to run instead of an email when out of hours, and
when a critical alert has been left unattended to for some time