Where to change the email address for notifications

Litwin, Matthew mlitwin at stubhub.com
Thu Jan 21 07:06:54 CET 2010

Under nagios.cfg you can change the nagios admin email, but really you should be using contacts.cfg for configuring notifications. If you just want one notification email for every monitor, which is what it sounds like what you want, you can define the contact_email in templates.cfg and it will be used in whatever uses the respective template.

On Jan 20, 2010, at 8:07 PM, Morris, Patrick wrote:

> ReynierPM wrote:
>> Hi every:
>> I need to change the email address that Nagios uses to send emails
>> notifications, wich file(s) I need to look for?
>>

> That depends what you're using to send mail. It may be in your
> notification command, but more likely it's dictated your mail
> configuration (which will, of course, depend which MTA you use).

Thanks,
Matthew Litwin
mlitwin at stubhub.com
415.222.8475