first_notification_delay problem

komodo komodo at uvt.cz
Tue Jan 19 10:59:43 CET 2010

Hi all

Can someone pls explane to me how first_notification_delay works ?
I setup one host with one service for testing. I setup first_notification_delay for host to 5 and for
service (http) to 10 so i expected that i get nitification after 10 minutes when i stop http service.
But i always get first notification after 5 minutes, no matter what i set in config file.

Then i changed delay for host to 3 because i thought that this is the problem, but after this change
and nagios restart i got notification after 5 minutes again. That's very strange to me.

I don't know what to check and how make it work. Is there any option that should i check ?

Thank you

Martin