Squid SARG Reports Monitoring

Matthew Jurgens nagiosusers at edcint.co.nz
Mon Jan 18 10:20:11 CET 2010

Several ways to do it. Some I can think of right now are

1) check the sarg web page has changed each day, you might even try and
get tricky and check for the specific date
2) Create a script to run the sarg job each day and log a passive result
to Nagios with the result

I personally like 2) since its closer to checking the actual source ie
the sarg run, rather checking the web page that is created by sarg
Read about passive checks:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/passivechecks.html

Smartmon System Monitoring <http://www.smartmon.com.au>
www.smartmon.com.au