Checking DHCP

Sho rmaglasang at infoweapons.com
Sat Jan 16 07:34:03 CET 2010

The check_dhcp plugin should do the job. Though its lacks some
monitoring functionality, it
can however tell if the DHCP server if up or not. Here's a snippet of my
dhcp service config:

# dhcp server
define service{
        host_name                       dhcps.test.com
        service_description             DHCPv4
        servicegroups                   IPv4Services
        check_command                   check_dhcp! -i rl0
        notifications_enabled           1
        normal_check_interval           5
        max_check_attempts              2
        }

# 'check_dhcp' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_dhcp
        command_line    $USER1$/check_dhcp $ARG1$
        }

rl0 is the nagios's outgoing interface. If you know the IP address of
the DHCP server, just specify
it like check_dhcp! -i rl0 -s 10.3.3.190 -u