Nagios Capacity

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jan 15 16:32:04 CET 2010

On Jan 15, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Binbin Wang wrote:

> Thank you for your reply, I would like to give you some detail of our monitoring environment. I configure nagnios on an Virtual Machine based on 2x4Core CPU, 24G Memory physical machine, which runs 4 VMs. Service quantity is 3814 and host quantity is 406. The service check latency is unstable, always changed. Does any configuration error cause that problem? or Virtual Machine capacity result it?
> Thanks a lot.

I can't speak to the problems that might occur in a virtual environment as I don't have any experience there but I expect that clock issues might lead to strange timing issues within nagios, especially if the host machine is heavily loaded.... Other than that, I'd suggest you look at Tips 2-7 of http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/tuning.html as a start.

--
Marc