Greetings all, CGI access problem

Clair Johnson clair at practeo.ch
Tue Jan 12 12:14:50 CET 2010

Hi all,

This is my first post to the list. I've search the archive but didn't find clues to my actual problem.
It's since two years that I'm working with nagios, from the version 2.5 and I very happy and grateful for all the work people have done to this project.

I've developed my own graphical interface to manage nagios core and my authentication. Everything is working great up to last week where I worked to migrate from version 2.9 to version 3.2.

The only problem comes from the CGIs that I use, the statusmap.cgi and avail.cgi. Since I take care by myself of the authentication I don't want the nagios authentication, but when I call the statusmap or avail, I get a dialog box asking me a login and password. I've check the cgi config file and change the use_authentication to 0 but that doesn't change anything, when I call the CGI in my browser I'm still asked for credentials.

My apache configuration hasn't changed and was working in nagios 2.9.

Do you have ideas how to solve my problem, that is to use nagios CGIs without any authentication ?

many thanks for your help

Kind regards
Clair Johnson