check_openmanage block esmlog, check the rest of items

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 15:00:37 CET 2010

hi,

we have a brand new r710 and I have installed the openmanage software
on the server itself. On the nagios server I execute it and it works
fine (SNMP).

/check_openmanage -H HOST -C public -P 1 -a
Controller 1 [SAS 6/iR Integrated] needs attention: Degraded
ESM log content: 4 critical, 0 non-critical, 1 ok

Is it possible to exclude the esm log from the check?

And a second question: the raid controller is 'degraded', but it only
is an updated firmware version. I cannot blacklist it with the
--blacklist ctrl_fw option:

./check_openmanage -H rdpaysist -C public -P 1 -a -b ctrl_fw=1
Controller 1 [SAS 6/iR Integrated] needs attention: Degraded
ESM log content: 4 critical, 0 non-critical, 1 ok

Is upgrading the firmware the only option to get rid of this message?
(that is not a problem, by the way, but if I can blacklist it ...)

TIA
--
Groeten,
J.Asenjo