Making Nagios accessible on public internet

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jan 8 05:44:18 CET 2010

On Jan 7, 2010, at 8:07 PM, xmanhosting wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have successfully set up  Nagios on my server computer, and can access it locally in a browser by navigating to:
>
> http://onlinebackup.xmanhosting.com.au/nagios/
>
> What do I need to do so that  my Nagios can be accessed publicly on the internet, rather than just locally to the server?

Only you'll know but my guess is that at the least you'll need to lessen the security on your firewall or whatever device you have in front of onlinebackup.xmanhosting.com.au to permit Internet based users. There's nothing nagios-specific that you need to do. All of it is network or host-based restrictions that you've implemented yourself.

--
Marc