Brooklyn iPhone App Push Notification Query

daniel at danielemmanuelfeinsmith.com daniel at danielemmanuelfeinsmith.com
Wed Feb 24 05:19:31 CET 2010

Greetings Community,

I am the developer of the iPhone app, "Brooklyn for Nagios". I am trying to gauge community interest in two features I'm considering adding:

1. Push notification on host and/or service status change.
2. Support for multiple nagios instances.

Push notification would require the installation of a push notification proxy that would send outbound packets to an APNS (Apple Push Notification) Server, which would then deliver the notifications to your device. The advantage of push over SMS is (1) it is free, and (2), the push message will lead you directly into the Brooklyn for Nagios app to the host or service with the problem where you can ameliorate the issue quickly without having to find the host or service using the Web UI.

Both of these constitute major changes, so I'd be glad to get some community feedback on priority.

Thanks much,
Daniel.