snmp net utilization

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Fri Feb 19 23:50:25 CET 2010

I have a crappy windows app that provides no way of remotely monitoring its status.
In fact, the only way I can be assured it's in a state I depend on is if the net
utilization is up.

I use was using check_snmp as it allows the warning/critical to be set such that
when the utilization falls low, then I trigger the alarm. The problem with this
is it provides no perf output for use with pnp4nagios and several of the windows
hosts that I monitor regularly return no data for short periods, very cyclically.

I want to use manubulon's snmp script (check_snmp_int.pl) however I can't get the
warning/critical to work on low values from high, no as expected, when low values
get high.

Anyone know a workaround, using snmp only of course?

Thanks!
jlc