E-mailing separate group for subset of hosts(and their services)

Ryan Rawdon ryan at u13.net
Fri Feb 19 03:02:19 CET 2010

Hi,

I've had a smallish deployment of Nagios for a while now, but now I need
to add some more functionality to it.  I need to have Nagios notify certain
people when there is an issue with a host or any service on it.  I see that
adding their contactgroup to the host definition only notifies them when
the host itself is down or up, however adding their contactgroup to the
service definition would notify them whenever said service has an issue on
any host - not just the ones I want them to be notified about.

Where is the happy medium here?  Do I need to create a duplicate copy of
all services on these hosts just so that I can list them as the contacts?

Thanks,
Ryan