Delayed Notification for Primary & Secondary Nagios Servers

Chris Pepper pepper at reppep.com
Thu Feb 18 17:28:48 CET 2010

	We have 2 Nagios servers, with the same /usr/local/nagios/etc (kept current with rsync). I'd like to have the second server skip the initial notifications, since under normal circumstances we'll receive the primary server's notification email and react to that.

	Does Nagios provide a way to do this? I don't see anything.

	Currently, I'm considering going with email notifications from primary every 30min, and using a $USER$ macro to effectively set notifications_enabled=0 on secondary.

	Then I should be abel to escalate to pages with first_notification=3 from secondary, and first_notification=5 from primary. This way, if primary goes down, we should get pages at 90min; if secondary goes down, we should get email about it at 30min and pages at 150min. I can also explicitly enable notifications regarding primary on the secondary server.

	Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Chris Pepper
--