Processing External Commands

Glynne Jones gtj at addicks.org
Thu Feb 18 17:29:13 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:02:51AM -0600, Marc Powell wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2010, at 7:44 AM, Glynne Jones wrote:
>
> > Thought that might be the case. mysql is always busy (I've got 3370 checks over 362 hosts).
> >
> > You mention regular table maintenance tasks - is this something that comes out of the box or something separate?
>
> ndo2db.cfg --
>
> ## TABLE TRIMMING OPTIONS

[snip]

> I've set all of these to 1 hour for my install based on my needs. If you have database backup scripts, those could be causing delays as well.

Doh!, cheers Marc. Forgot those were there. Don't think those are getting the way. Think it's more likely to be some of the other tables getting large. Have you changed the table engine from MyISAM to InnoDB?

I'll have a play with the debug settings to see if I can find where the delay is coming in.

Thanks,

Glynne