CHECK_HTTP odd behaviour

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Feb 18 14:13:56 CET 2010

On Feb 18, 2010, at 5:04 AM, Paul WILLIS PSE 55499 wrote:

> Clearly that whereas bash only needs $ and ` escaping within inverted commas nagios must have a larger list, including I would guess either the ; or the :

Nope, not really. \, ! and $ are the only characters that may need escaping, depending on where they are used. With the exception of $MACRO$ substitutions, nagios just takes your raw command_line and passes it to the shell for execution. You never posted your command definition but I'd guess that you didn't have proper quoting or something like that.

--
Marc