Proactive disk checks?

Peter L. Berghold peter at berghold.net
Wed Feb 17 21:35:04 CET 2010

Hi folks,

Has anybody out there written a check for Nagios that detects a failing
disk?

A number of years ago I wrote a shell script that ran from a crontab
that just checked latency on JBOD disks as a rough way of determining a
drive that was about to fail.

Platform I want to run these checks on is Fedora Core 12 and the iostat
command does not behave the same way it did on a Sun under Solaris 8
OS.

--
Peter L. Berghold, Australian Cattle Dog Owner, Agility Fan, Foodie,
Salty Old Dog and Old School Unix Hacker.