ndomod: Could not open data sink

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Feb 17 13:21:47 CET 2010

NIgel Leach wrote:
> Nothing unfortunately,what ever debug options I set, this file is always empty

good. then ndo2db does not fork itsself meaning ndomod cannot connect
over the socket. so the current problem is ndomod and/or the socket from
which ndo2db should read then.

>> and ndomod.cfg?
>
> here it is, cheers
>
> instance_name=default
> output_type=tcpsocket
> output=127.0.0.1
> tcp_port=5668
> use_ssl=0
> output_buffer_items=5000
> buffer_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/ndomod.tmp
> file_rotation_interval=14400
> file_rotation_timeout=60
> reconnect_interval=15
> reconnect_warning_interval=15
> data_processing_options=-1
> config_output_options=2

How does that match with this?

[ndo2db.cfg]
lock_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/ndo2db.lock
ndo2db_user=nagios
ndo2db_group=nagios
socket_type=unix
socket_name=/usr/local/nagios/var/ndo.sock

Kind regards,
Michael

--
DI (FH) Michael Friedrich