ndomod: Could not open data sink

NIgel Leach nigel.leach at uk.bnpparibas.com
Wed Feb 17 12:40:49 CET 2010

Marc Powell <marc <at> ena.com> writes:

> On Feb 16, 2010, at 8:13 AM, nigel.leach <at> uk.bnpparibas.com wrote:
>

> > Nagios Core 3.2.0
> > NDO2DB 1.4b9
> > MySQL 5.0.17
> > Redhat AS4 U6
>
> > No Nagios data is going through to the mysql Nagios tables though. They are
all created, but none have been
> populated. I've gone through all the numerous other posts on this topic, but
nothing has worked.

> Hints of what you've tried will keep us from offering up repeats..

Moved btw TCP socket, and Unix socket – same results – no data in d/b
Recompiled mysql
Checked for extra space in broker_module parameters
Changed between v4 and v5 mysql password types
Plus lots of checks to confirm my configuration appears correct

> > I can write to my mysql d/b using the db_user/db_pass in ndo2db.cfg.
>
> Into the NDO tables?

Yes

> > This is from my Nagios log (coincidently, I can never get anything written
to the ndo2db.debug file).

> Check /var/log/messages or wherever LOG_ERR goes to for possible clues.

I get the contents of my nagios.log mirrored in /var/log/messages, but nothing
that appears to relate to ndo debug

> --
> Marc
>
> p.s. posting the same question more than once in a 24 hour period could be
considered to be rude.
"The mailbox is full. The email was rejected." suggests a second post may be
necessary