changing the status map

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Tue Feb 16 17:16:37 CET 2010

On 12 February 2010 15:11, Assaf Flatto <nagios at flatto.net> wrote:

>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I want to have the map start in another "map" entity then the " Nagios
>>> Process "
>>> ( for instance the nagios host itself ) .
>>> Is there a way to impact the CGI to do so ?
>>>
>>> I am not a coder  , so my understanding of the code is limited , so if i
>>> remove the code in the statusmap.c from line 1599 to 1631 to eliminate
>>> the "nagios process" entry in the map - will that cause the Nagios
>>> server to become the centre of the map? or will it break the CGI
>>> completely ?
>>>

>> It wouldn't do any harm to try!  (assuming you take a backup of your
>> compiled statusmap binary first).  I don't know 'C' either.
>>
>> You might find the automap in NagVis ( http://www.nagvis.org/ ) is
>> easier to use once it is set up.
>>
>> I would also recommend you try NEXSM  (Nagios EXtended Status Map) but
>> it looks like the web page for it is no longer accessible.  I'm not
>> sure if this means it is no longer maintained, or whether it's just a
>> temporary problem.  Does anyone know what the story is there?
>>
>> hth,
>>
>> Jim
>>

> Thanks Jim
>
> I have already have NagVis installed , how ever i wanted to find out
> about the map - cause i find it easier  to "beautify" it with icons then
> the Nagvis .
>
> I will do the test and  post the results  .
>
> Assaf

I've done the test , I backed up the current statusmap.c and
statusmap.cgi files , then I commented out the lines 1599-1631 and run
the make cgis  command  .
After the make is finished i copied the new statusmap.cgi to the sbin
directory and accessed the map .

As I wished the map is centred on the "core" network device that all
other connections branch from .

Assaf