ndomod: Could not open data sink

nigel.leach at uk.bnpparibas.com nigel.leach at uk.bnpparibas.com
Tue Feb 16 15:13:36 CET 2010

Nagios Core 3.2.0
NDO2DB 1.4b9
MySQL 5.0.17
Redhat AS4 U6

I have the dreaded "ndomod: Could not open data sink!" problem. Nagios
itself is running happily, and I am trying to integrate Nagvis.

These are my Nagios processes, and socket file

nagios   29946     1  0 10:50 ?        00:00:00
/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndo2db -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/ndo2db.cfg
nagios   29990     1  0 10:50 ?        00:00:08
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

srwxrwx---  1 nagios nagios 0 Feb 16 12:36 /usr/local/nagios/var/ndo.sock

No Nagios data is going through to the mysql Nagios tables though. They
are all created, but none have been populated. I've gone through all the
numerous other posts on this topic, but nothing has worked.

I can write to my mysql d/b using the db_user/db_pass in ndo2db.cfg.

This is from my Nagios log (coincidently, I can never get anything written
to the ndo2db.debug file).

[1266317457] ndomod: Could not open data sink!  I'll keep trying, but some
output may get lost...
[1266317457] Event broker module '/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod.o'
initialized successfully.
[1266321105] ndomod: Still unable to connect to data sink.  32292 items
lost, 5000 queued items to flush.

The ndo2db.cfg and nagios.cfg are below.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards
Nigel

Nigel Leach
Grid Engineer | Front Office Risk Systems | BNP Paribas

This communication is confidential, may be privileged and is meant only for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message from your system. Any unauthorised dissemination, distribution or copying hereof is prohibited.

BNP Paribas Trust Corporation UK Limited, BNP Paribas UK Limited, BNP Paribas Commodity Futures Limited, BNP Paribas Asset Management UK Limited and Investment Fund Services Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

BNP Paribas London Branch and BNP Paribas Wealth Management London Branch are authorised by the CECEI and supervised by the Commission Bancaire.

BNP Paribas London Branch is authorised and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Services Authority. Details about the extent of our authorisation and regulation by the Financial Services Authority are available from us on request. BNP Paribas is also a member of the London Stock Exchange.

BNP Paribas Wealth Management London Branch is subject to limited regulation by the Financial Services Authority.  Details about the extent of our authorisation and regulation by the Financial Services Authority are available from us on request.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised by the CECEI and supervised by the AMF, and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Services Authority. Details on the extent of our regulation by the Financial Services Authority are available from us on request. BNP Paribas Securities Services is also a member of the London Stock Exchange.

BNP Paribas Trust Corporation UK Limited is registered in England and Wales (registered no. 4042668) at registered office 55 Moorgate, London EC2R 6PA.

BNP Paribas UK Limited is registered in England and Wales (registered no. 1488108) at registered office 10 Harewood Avenue, London NW1 6AA.

BNP Paribas Commodity Futures Limited is registered in England and Wales (registered no. 2391477) at registered office 10 Harewood Avenue, London NW1 6AA.

BNP Paribas Asset Management UK Limited is registered in England and Wales (registered no. 2474627) at registered office 10 Harewood Avenue, London NW1 6AA.

Investment Fund Services Limited is registered in England and Wales (registered no. 6110770) at registered office 55 Moorgate, London EC2R 6PA.

BNP Paribas London Branch is registered in England and Wales (registered no. FC13447) at registered office 10 Harewood Avenue, London NW1 6AA.

BNP Paribas Wealth Management London Branch is registered in England and Wales (registered no. FC023926) at registered office 10 Harewood Avenue, London NW1 6AA.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is registered in England and Wales (registered no. BR006393) at registered office 55 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6PA.

BNP Paribas Lease Group Plc  is registered in England and Wales (registered no. 2341989) at registered office Northern Cross, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 4HL.