Scheduled downtime doesn't clear?

Michael Durket durket at highwire.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 10 16:52:50 CET 2010

We're running Nagios 2.5. Every night we take hundreds of services being monitored
by Nagios down for a quick restart. The restart process takes no more than 15 minutes
and just before each service goes down, a script sends a scheduled flexible downtime
request to Nagios (for a 15 minute flexible window).

We've noticed that, sometimes, Nagios doesn't cancel the downtime at the end of the
window, and days later we have services that are listed as still being in scheduled
downtime (even though the window time is long past). Has this been found and/or
fixed in a later release of Nagios?