How can I get more information - eventlog descriptions - in my notification emails

Scott, Ewan EWScott at scotborders.gov.uk
Tue Feb 9 10:59:08 CET 2010

Marc
Thanks for this.

By returning to using $SERVICEOUTPUT$ and placing this towards the beginning of the printf output - see below - I now get the EventLog text into the notification email. I lose the "Additional Info:" text literal at the end of the email so presumably there is a fixed size for the output which cannot be extended. However, for what I'm trying to do, I think it is sufficient.

Regards
Ewan

define command{
        command_name    notify-service-by-email
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios *****\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nTEXT: $SERVICEOUTPUT$\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\nAdditional Info:" | /usr/bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ Service Alert: $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
        }