problems with Distributed alerting

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Feb 9 00:41:34 CET 2010

Please always respond on list. More below...

On Feb 8, 2010, at 4:48 PM, Ron Wilson wrote:

> Thanks for reply. I am a little confused between Retain_Status and
> Retain_NonStatus
> The help screen is not very helpful

It's in the documentation.

> If I want to make sure that any host or service on the master server
> never gets changed when distributes servers force a reload etc which one
> do I need to set?

This is where my confusion lies. There should be no way that a distributed server can make that kind of change on the central server, reload, restart or whatever. Assuming you've followed the distributed documentation, the only thing they can do is submit a check result unless you've created some special program that propagates other changes.

I think you need to describe more clearly how you're set up, how your configs are created and distributed and how you're sending distributed results back to the central server.

--
Marc