problems with Distributed alerting

Ron Wilson ron at tvnz.co.nz
Mon Feb 8 23:08:12 CET 2010

We have set up a distributed ngaios 3.02 system using Nagiosql with
several slaves and one master. The master is responsible for all
alerting. However when we disable a notification service on the master
ngaios and then do a reload of any of the slave servers it overwrites
the status of the disabled services. I am looking for some ideas how to
avoid this. Is it possible to say extract the status flags somehow
before we do a slave to master update so that we can then re-apply the
status flags immediately after update. Or is there an easier way to
handle this situation. I am aware of the caveat of not restarting ngaios
but just reloading but the disabled notifications seem to get replaced
regardless of restart or reload

________________________________

--

Ron Wilson

Systems Engineer

Television New Zealand

P.O. Box 3819

Auckland, New Zealand

Phone 649-916-7560

"I've noticed that the press tends to be quite accurate, except when
they're writing on a subject I know something about." (Keith F. Lynch)

online at tvnz.co.nz
CAUTION:  This e-mail and any attachment(s) contain information that
is intended to be read only by the named recipient(s).  This information