Error: Could not read object configuration data! -

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Fri Dec 31 15:08:05 CET 2010

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:37:45 +0000, Mister IT Guru  wrote:

THINGS
LOOK OKAY - NO SERIOUS PROBLEMS WERE DETECTED DURING THE PRE-FLIGHT
CHECK

 The nagios interface 'works' but I have the above error. I have
noticed that the log file does not update /var/log/nagios/nagios.log,
which makes me think that something is not 100% correct.

 I'm running
Centos 5.5, and I installed the version of nagios available in the repo,
then realised that it was an old, and installed RPMForge.

My guess is
that you have some left over stuff from the old package. I recently
installed a new nagios server based on Centos 5.5 and using the nagios
packages from rpmforge and it works after building my own object
files.

Can you check that your web interface point to the proper
place?

hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/
PGP/GPG? Use: