Error: Could not read object configuration data! -

Mister IT Guru misteritguru at gmx.com
Fri Dec 31 14:37:45 CET 2010

  Whoops!

*Error: Could not read object configuration data!*

Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:

   1. Verify configuration options using the*-v*command-line option to
      check for errors.
   2. Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or
      status data errors.

I have run the following command

]# /usr/bin/nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
..
..
Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   0

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the
pre-flight check

The nagios interface 'works' but I have the above error. I have noticed
that the log file does not update /var/log/nagios/nagios.log, which
makes me think that something is not 100% correct.

I'm running Centos 5.5, and I installed the version of nagios available
in the repo, then realised that it was an old, and installed RPMForge.

I'm stumped as to what can be causing this error, any tips?