Nagios notification

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Dec 30 11:36:01 CET 2010

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 01:58:38 -0800 (PST), moses neah  wrote:

Hi
All out there,
Can anybody help me? I want to achieve the
following:
Nagios should send notification when a host/service state
goes critical, down, etc
Notification should be sent only once when a
state changes
and finally I want to know how many ping packets is ideal
for nagios to send

First off. Do NOT ever respond this way. You are
sending a load of crap to the mailinglist which is totally not relevant
to your message. Considere yourself in read-only mode if you are
subscribed in digest mode.

Set the notification interval to a
significant high number and you would get it once for all intends and
purposes.

The defaults should be good enough for you. We can't
determine those for you. Use your own common sense to see what fits your
needs.

Hugo.

hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/