[SPAM] - Re: nagios mail alerts to exchange - Email found in subject

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Wed Dec 22 15:04:48 CET 2010

 On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:03:09 -0000, "Andrew Fay" <Andrew.Fay at ajl.co.uk>
 wrote:

> Thanks but I'd rather use postfix as it's the only linux mailing
> system
> I have a little experience with

 Too little to be of much use. So what's the point?

> root at greenland:/# telnet mail-server 25
> Trying 172.24.8.11...
> Connected to mail-server.domain.com.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 mailserver.domain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
> 6.0.3790.3959 ready at Thu, 6 Aug 2009 12:36:38 -0400
> helo gmail.com
> 250 mail.domain.com Hello [192.168.1.116]
> mail from: tester at gmail.com
> 250 2.1.0 tester at gmail.com....Sender OK
> rcpt to:receiver at gmail.com
> 250 2.1.5 receiver at gmail.com
> data
> 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
> testing email to google output
> , yes
>
> it all works fine but when I try and send an alert in Nagios I am
> getting :
>
> Dec 21 18:54:22 NAGIOS-SERVER postfix/local[4318]: 906432AA8E:
> to=<nagiosreports at blah.co.uk>, relay=local, delay=7.6,
> delays=7.6/0.01/0/0.03, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user:
> "nagiosreports")

 Obviously your have been testing eggs and are now trying to send
 apples. Your test should have been identical to something Nagios is
 trying.

 So talk to postfix instead of a remote SMTP server and try to mimick
 the same sender and recipient.

> so it obviously isn't going out
>
> any clues? : )

 I think it is safe to say that you may not be the best person to
 configure this. If you have a business need for this then I guess hiring
 someone with sufficient knowledge is the best way to getting this
 started.

 Hugo.

--
 hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org   http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/