Centreon installation question

Chris Hudson chrishudson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 14:40:23 CET 2010

I don't know if anyone on the list uses Centreon web front-end, but I have a
question.  I have to install and set up a new Nagios server.  I have already
installed RHEL5, now I'm trying to get the base packages (Apache, PHP,
MySQL) that are needed.

I have been trying to follow the directions here:

http://en.doc.centreon.com/Setup:Prerequisite/Centos/Fedora/RHEL

 and here:

 http://www.nagioswiki.com/wiki/index.php/Installing_Centreon_on_Centos_5

 But they conflict and both bring me to the same point:  the major packages
don't seem to be there.  I can set up Yum and install a simple package such
as htop from their repository, but the major packages such as Apache, MySQL,
and PHP don't seem to be there.  I've even gone out manually to look for
them, but they're not there:

 http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/i386/dag/RPMS/

or here:

 http://packages.sw.be/

 Does anyone have any experience with installing Centreon?

Thanks,
Chris