tracing nagios actions

mark bradley gopearls42 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 17:13:59 CET 2010

Hi,

I have a small-ish number of servers and I've tried to configure Nagios to
warn me about disk-space running low. The problem is that, although disk
space is above both warning and critical levels I'm not getting any
notifications.

The nagios.log file is silent on the topic and nagios -v does not produce
any errors or warnings.

Is there a way to trace what actions nagios is considering (much like make
-n) in order to debug this problem? Is there a debugging methodology defined
somewhere? If it's in your head can you share?

Thanks,
Mark