NSCA and host checks

stan stanb at panix.com
Mon Dec 20 15:45:28 CET 2010

I am working on geting a small distributed system up. I have the serviec
checks going back to the master, but have not managed to get host checks
passed back to the master yet.

With help from the list I found:

obsess_over_hosts and set it to 1. It appears that I also need an ochp
command. I tried using the script I had set p for service checks, but it
appears that the arguments passed to this are different. Here are the
arguments that are being passed the the service check comand:

 Arguments:
#  $1 = host_name (Short name of host that the service is
#       associated with)
#  $2 = svc_description (Description of the service)
#  $3 = state_string (A string representing the status of
#       the given service - "OK", "WARNING", "CRITICAL"
#       or "UNKNOWN")
#  $4 = plugin_output (A text string that
									#
What do the one passed to the host check look like?