Clarification on messages that NSCA shouls send

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Sat Dec 18 05:50:47 CET 2010

On 12/17/2010 2:54 AM, stan wrote:
> WE are trying to get  our first parent child relationship Nagios setup
> going. I have a question about the trafic that I should see NSCA sending. I
> am seeing serivce status updates, but no host status updates.
>
> I should see 2 diferent types of messagess here, right? One for services,
> and one for hosts, is this correct?

It is correct that the messages are different. However, nsca will only
send the messages your configuration tells it to send. If you haven't
configured Nagios to use nsca to send host status messages, it won't.

> A 2nd question, is there a way to see the fully expnaded (including all the
> nested USE statements of a given object, somehoow?

Have you looked at the configuration section of the Nagios interface?
That may show you what you're looking for.