execute_service_checks and distributed monitoring

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Dec 15 23:07:52 CET 2010

We wre trying to set up our first "child" Nagios instnace. I have it
working for checcking some things in the child instance. We have configured
the existing "parent" with some of the new checks. In reading the
documention, it is stated that we need to set execute_service_checks to 0
for the services that are actuaklly monitored by the "child". My problem is
that I do not understand where to put this directive to overide the
default, which is located in nagios.conf, and must be1 as we are continuing
to monitor all the existing services from it. I have tried several places,
but they all seem to give me a syntax error when starting nagios.

If it helps, the configuration for the "parent: was initaly created using
nagiosql.

Thanks.