distributed nagios ?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Dec 15 10:46:29 CET 2010

On 12/14/2010 08:39 PM, Frost, Mark {PBC} wrote:

> [...]

The socket location can be configured. Binlogs cannot. I'll amend that in
the next release though. The core functionality is there, but there's no
option to set it in the config files, which is kinda stupid.

> 2) Because we're trying to put all the files into an alternate tree, the
> installation of 'mon' from install-merlin.sh didn't really work right.  In
> our case, it made a lot more sense to change
>
> 	cp apps/mon.py $root_path/usr/bin/mon

> 	cp apps/mon.py $bindir/mon
>
> otherwise it would put 'mon' in a really weird spot.
>
> I'm guessing these are design decisions on your part, but in case they're
> not, I thought I'd point them out.

Yes. The install-merlin.sh script is designed to be usable from the
rpm spec file, and it's meant to aid people who want to install
everything in its default location. Would $root_path/$bindir/mon
work for you? Since you can set $root_path to whatever you want,
I suppose it should.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.