low-cost snmp-enabled temperature sensor?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Dec 9 20:04:48 CET 2010

Once upon a time, Furnish, Trever G <TGFurnish at herffjones.com> said:
> Can anyone recommend a low-cost external temperature sensor that doesn't
> require the buyer to break out a soldering iron?
>
> Preferably it would be SNMP-enabled so I can poll it from anything.
> Power-over-ethernet would be great too.

Along the same lines, does anybody know of a current meter that doesn't
cost a bunch?  Ideally something like a clamp-on ammeter that can handle
20A.  I'd like to monitor the current on a bunch of circuits without
having to spend much money (right now, I just periodically use a
hand-held clamp-on ammeter to see the "instant" current on each wire).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>