check_memcached and hits/misses

Pär Åslund pslund at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 17:55:53 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm searching for a nagios check that looks at hits and misses.

Been using check_memcached for checking memcached status and right now
I will continue to do that checking that memcached is answering and
got free memory.

However, the issue with check_memcached is that it's looking at the
hits/misses ratio since start up of the memcached-process.
Whereas I need to know if a sudden increase in misses instead between
polls has occured.

Is anyone familiar with a such check for Nagios?

Best regards,
-p