high latency

Daniel Wittenberg daniel.wittenberg.r0ko at statefarm.com
Fri Dec 3 17:57:54 CET 2010

Sorry for confusion on that..I added 9 checks to *each* host, and
there's about 700 hosts.  No, it's all the nagios daemon itself (nagios
-uxd).  It feels like if I add that many more checks that it has a hard
time doing the checks and processing the results since if I either move
the active checking to dnx or drop them completely the load and latency
times drop.

Dan

> I grabbed another vm and made it a dnx client and that seemed to help,
> but wish I could get the main server to handle more.  Right now it has
> about 700 hosts and 12,100 service checks, of which about 7000 are
> active and rest are passive.

Umm... First you said you added 9 checks and that made the entire thing
just blow up, and now you're running 7000 active checks. What checks are
you running? If you sort by cpu usage in top, is there anyone that's
really prominent?

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.