Newbie Question.. Monitoring Lnux machines.

Maxime Alarie malarie at processia.com
Thu Dec 2 22:21:28 CET 2010

Good day,

I have installed nagios,  on my  centOS VM. I can monitor Windows
machines and servers just fine using nsclient++.  How can I monitor a
Linux server? There is no NSclient++ available, and the guide  on
monitoring linux machines is incomplete

I have check my localhost.cfg file, thinking I could rename it  to
LinuxServer.cfg but it is quite empty:

define host {

        host_name                       localhost

        use                             linux-server

        alias                           localhost

        address                         127.0.0.1

        ;

        register                        1

        }

Any help is appreciated.