Different notification_interval for warnings and critical notifications?

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Tue Aug 31 18:53:26 CEST 2010

  On 31/08/10 17:13, Robert Swerdlow wrote:
> With Nagios 3.0.5, we have monitoring of our servers and hosts.
>
> Currently, we get warning, unknown, critical, and recovery event
> notifications sent to our contacts with escalations as expected.
>
> We want to change the configuration to get warnings every 30 minutes
> and other event notifications every 5 minutes with escalations.
> Unfortunately,
> 	notification_interval
> which controls how often the notification is set can have only one
> value for each service.
>
> The only way I see to do get the warnings and other notifications on
> different schedules is to have duplicate service checks for every
> service.
>
> Is there any way to do this without duplicating all of the service
> checks?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

 From what you say the changes should be in the escalation notification
, with the type of alert defined for each interval

*escalation_options*: This directive is used to define the criteria that
determine when this service escalation is used. The escalation is used
only if the service is in one of the states specified in this directive.
If this directive is not specified in a service escalation, the
escalation is considered to be valid during all service states. Valid
options are a combination of one or more of the following: *r* =
escalate on an OK (recovery) state, *w* = escalate on a WARNING state,
*u* = escalate on an UNKNOWN state, and *c* = escalate on a CRITICAL
state. Example: If you specify *w* in this field, the escalation will
only be used if the service is in a WARNING state.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectdefinitions.html#serviceescalation

--
Never,Ever Cut A Deal With a Dragon

Next year I will be doing the London to Paris bike ride to
raise money for the DogTrust (www.dogtrust.co.uk) .
Please Sponsor me at http://www.justgiving.com/Assaf-Flatto