Nagios script output issue

newme me allanm78 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 22:16:10 CEST 2010

One more thing I would like to add here , I have 5 URLs check , 2 thru
check_http and 3 thru my own curl script and all of them fail at the same
time, initially for 2-3 hrs all are returning the right status.

The error  that I am getting from Nagios(check_http) - "nodename nor
servname provided, or not known HTTP CRITICAL - Unable to open TCP socket"
is somewhat as if the dns server becomes inaccessible but when I run the
commands from the command line, the status is fine. Is there something
within Nagios that I need to set/configure?

Please help!

Thanks,
Allan.